This marinated baked chicken is easy to make. We are going to marinate chicken drumsticks (you can use any part of the chicken you want) in a citrus and soy sauce marinade for the ultimate in flavor. Absolutely tender and delicious chicken.
We will be serving these with some oven baked sweet potato fries. These are also easy to make and are a lot healthier than fried potatoes.
This is a nice and easy weeknight meal that everyone will love.
Here is what you are going to need for this delicious marinated baked chicken recipe:
12 chicken drumsticks
1 cup soy sauce
½ cup honey
2 large oranges, juiced
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 large garlic cloves, minced
6 medium sweet potatoes, quartered
Salt & Pepper
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken drumsticks.
2. Whisk the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, zest and garlic in a bowl. Pour the marinade onto the chicken and refrigerate for one hour in a sealed bag.
3. Turn the oven on broil.
4. Place the chicken drumsticks in a large baking pan. Pour all the marinade on the chicken and put in the oven.
5. Turn the chicken drumsticks around every 5 minutes for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and skin is caramelized.
6. Serve with the oven fried sweet potatoes.
CALORIES 229.74; FAT 7.48 grs (sat 3.44; mono 4.85; poly 2.80); PROTEIN 26.29 grs ; FIBER 0.07 grs; CARBS 2.25 grs; CHOLESTEROL 100.00 mg; IRON 1.50 mg; SODIUM 524.93 mg; CALCIUM 2.42 mg
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place quartered sweet potatoes in a roasting pan.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
4. Cook in oven for 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are cooked and lightly browned.
CALORIES 152.45; FAT 4.57 grs (sat 0.65; mono 3.28; poly 0.49); PROTEIN 2.07 grs ; FIBER 3.98 grs; CARBS 26.48 grs; CHOLESTEROL 0.00 mg; IRON 0.85 mg; SODIUM 459.24 mg; CALCIUM 40.83 mg