Here’s a super easy and quick recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I make them on the smaller side and, sadly, have to omit the walnuts (nobody but I like them – go figure)! These cookies are great for school lunch boxes! Here is what you are going to need for this:
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 packed cup dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 12-oz. package semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take your eggs out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl. Cream the butter and the shortening together. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture, carefully and working in batches. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts if using.
- Drop cookies from a small spoon about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are evenly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.