If you are in need of a very fast, frugal and delicious recipe you have just struck gold! Here is something that you can make in a snap, in one dish, that everyone will love! Here’s what you will need:
6 skinless, chicken thighs
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup salsa (I used Pace Picante Sauce – medium)
1/2 cup thawed frozen corn
1 12-oz. can kidney beans, drained
Sour cream and extra salsa for garnishing
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add the rice, broth, salsa, corn and beans.
- Mix well. Season with pepper (no need for salt as the salsa has enough salt already).
- Cover dish and place casserole in oven.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until chicken and rice are cooked.
- Serve with a doll-up of sour cream and extra salsa.