This beef tostada recipe is made with corn tortillas with beans, ground beef, vegetables, sour cream and cheese. They are easy to make and delicious.
These beef tostadas are very frugal as you only need a little bit of ingredients to pile on each fried tortilla. We will be cooking some ground beef with onions, garlic, tomatoes,cumin, oregano and cilantro.
We will be using canned re-fried beans for this recipe. These are easy to find, inexpensive and very tasty. Of course, if you want to make your own beans go ahead.
Here is what you are going to need for these delicious and easy beef tostadas:
• Get 2 tostadas for every person. If you don’t have store bought deep fry 2 corn tortillas per person. They will fry very quickly so be careful not to burn them. Drain them well on paper towels.
• Season 1 pound of ground beef with salt & pepper. Brown and drain.
• Wipe the skillet and add some olive oil. Heat. Add a small chopped yellow onion. Cook for 8 minutes until lightly browned. Add 2 minced garlic cloves and mix well. Add 1 small chopped tomato. Return the beef. Mix well. Add 1 TBS ground cumin, 1 TBS oregano and 1 TBS chopped cilantro. Season with salt & pepper. Add ¼ cup water. Mix well. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Heat a 30 0z. can of refried beans.
• Smear the tostadas with some beans. Top with the beef. Top with salsa.
• Top with finely chopped iceberg lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
• Top with shredded Mexican cheese blend.
• Top with some diced avocado. You will need 1 avocado per every four people.
• Spoon a dollop of sour cream and garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
CALORIES 420.62; FAT 25.28 grs (sat 8.78; mono 9.50; poly 1.32); PROTEIN 19.72 grs ; FIBER 6.74 grs; CARBS 30.91 grs; CHOLESTEROL 56.06 mg; IRON 3.18 mg; SODIUM 459.57 mg; CALCIUM 169.68 mg