Here is a nice salty filling for crepes. It makes an elegant dinner that is good enough to serve to your guests. It is also easy and inexpensive. Here is what you are going to need to do for this:
· Get 2 crepes per person ready.
· Melt some butter with a splash of olive oil in a large skillet. Add 4 oz. of sliced mushrooms and brown evenly, stirring occasionally and set aside.
· In a separate pan, melt ¼ cup butter. Whisk in 3 TBS flour. Whisk constantly for about 3 minutes until the flour is lightly browned. Slowly whisk in 3 cups of milk. Add 1 TBS of Dijon mustard. Season with salt & pepper. Whisk constantly, on medium heat, until sauce thickens.
· Return the mushrooms to the sauce. Add 2 cups shredded chicken. Mix well.
· Spoon some chicken in the middle of a crepe and roll into a ‘cigar’. Place two filled crepes, side by side, onto a plate. Spoon some filling on top. Serve.