Chewy chocolate chip cookies are an all time favorite. Make these anytime and have a household of very happy campers! If you like your cookies loaded with chips go ahead and add an extra 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to this recipe. You can also add a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. Here is what you are going to need for this:
• Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter your cookie pans.
• Place 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar and ½ cup oatmeal into a food processor. Process until fine.
• In a bowl, whisk together 1 ¾ cups flour with ½ tsp. baking soda and ½ tsp salt. Set aside.
• Place 1 cup butter at room temperature and 3 TBS light corn syrup in a mixing bowl. Cream until smooth. Slowly add the oatmeal and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the sides. Cream.
• Slowly add the flour and beat only until mixed well. Mix in ½ cup milk chocolate chips and ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. If desired add more chocolate chips and ½ cup chopped walnuts.
• Spoon the cookie dough onto your sheets, about 3 inches apart.
• Bake the cookies for 7 to 8 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
• Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes. Remove them with a very thin spatula onto a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy