All this easy carrot cake recipe needs is a big bowl so that you can mix in all the ingredients. First all the dry ones and then add the wet ones and you are ready to bake it. This could not be easier!
You can make this cake in a 9×13 rectangular cake pan or an 8×3 inch round one. You can also make it in two 9 inch cake pans. Simply divide the batter into each one. This will allow you to add cream cheese frosting in the middle. In fact, you can also make this into cupcakes. It is very versatile.
I use cream cheese frosting for this recipe as I think it complements it the best. We have two kinds of cream cheese frostings for you to pick from. One has butter the other one does not. They are both delicious but I have to admit I do have a weakness for the one with no butter. You decide which one you want to use.
Here is what you are going to need for this easy carrot cake recipe:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups grated carrots
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Prep a 9×13 rectangular or an 8×3 inch round cake pan by lightly greasing and flouring it.
· In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Whisk them well.
· Add the oil, eggs, vanilla and carrots.
· Mix well. Make sure you have no clumps of flour in your bowl.
· Pour the batter into your pan.
· Bake your cake for about 30 minutes or until a cake pin comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
· Cool down completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.