In this post I want to show you how to make baked ziti. We are going to make a delicious sauce with sausage and tomatoes and then mix in some ricotta cheese and cooked ziti. Then we will bake it for a delicious and satisfying meal.
This is an easy weeknight meal that goes beautifully with a side salad and some garlic bread.
This is how to make baked ziti:
16 oz. ziti
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground sausage, browned and drained
Black pepper/ Dried oregano/Dried Basil
28 oz. tomato sauce/ Water
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
Shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente – per package instructions. Drain
and set aside.
• Heat a large skillet with some olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion
starts to brown. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the sausage, oregano and basil. Mix
well. Add the tomato sauce and some water. Mix well.
• Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
• Heat oven to 350 degrees.
• Place the Ricotta cheese in a bowl and gradually add ¾ of the sauce. Mix well. Add the pasta,
egg and some of the cheeses. Mix well.
• Place the mixed pasta in a casserole dish. Add the remaining meat sauce and top with plenty of
• Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
• Serve and enjoy!