I made this crisp with blackberries but it can be made with any other fruit you want – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples, pears, peaches, a combination of berries – you catch my drift! The topping is absolutely wonderful and ever so easy to make! Here is what you are going to need for this:
• Preheat oven 375 degrees. Butter an oven proof dish.
• Wash and pat dry 4 cups of blackberries.
• Place them in a bowl and add 1 cup sugar. Mix well, using a rubber spatula, and being careful not to mash the fruit. Set aside.
• In another bowl mix together 1 cup raw oats, 1 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 cup flour and 2/3 cup melted butter. Mix until moist crumbs are formed.
• Place fruit into buttered dish. Top with oat mixture. Place in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until topping is browned and fruit is bubbly.