Here’s a very easy and tasty way to roast chicken. Make sure you are careful not to allow the coating to burn. It can turn fast on you so make sure you tent this early on with some aluminum foil. Here we go:
1 whole roasting chicken, cleaned, rinsed and pat dried
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 TBS mustard
1 heaping TBS curry powder
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees with your roasting pan inside it.
- Season the chicken, generously, with salt and pepper – inside and out.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey, mustard and curry powder. Coat the chicken on both sides and place on a roasting pan rack, breast side down. Place the rack inside the roasting pan inside the oven.
- Cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, keeping an eye on it, making sure it does not get too dark.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an extra 15 minutes. Loosely tent the roasting pan with some aluminum foil and finish cooking about another 60 minutes. The average chicken is 3 to 3 1/2 pounds. You need to calculate about 20 minutes per pound as a general rule of thumb. Make sure the internal temperature is 165 to 170 degrees. Another way to check it is by pulling the thigh away from the body. If the juices run clear and are not pink or red, the chicken is probably done.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and let chicken sit for about 10 minutes before carving it. Serve with your favorite side. Enjoy!