This roasted garlic spinach pizza is made with roasted garlic, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheese and spinach. It is light and loaded in flavor. Very different from your typical pizza.
This is a vegetarian meal that you can make with store bought or homemade pizza dough. I used store bought to make it a little faster.
You will need to roast your garlic ahead of time for this recipe. Roasting garlic is very easy but does take some time. You will need to roast two whole head of garlic with some olive oil and salt on it in a very hot oven. Watch the video on how to do this here.
Here is what you are going to need to make this exquisite roasted garlic pizza:
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
• Line a pizza pan with pizza dough. I use store bought dough.
• Mash together 2 heads roasted garlic with ½ cup olive oil.
• Thaw and squeeze (really well) 8 oz. of frozen spinach.
• Place the mashed garlic on the dough.
• Top with 1½ cup Ricotta cheese.
• Top with spinach.
• Top with 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese.
• Bake for about 16 minutes, until dough is cooked through and browned and cheese is melted. Slice and serve.
CALORIES 291.29; FAT 9.63 grs (sat 5.11; mono 2.33; poly 0.26); PROTEIN 18.18 grs ; FIBER 2.26 grs; CARBS 32.26 grs; CHOLESTEROL 32.21 mg; IRON 0.91 mg; SODIUM 511.24 mg; CALCIUM 385.58 mg