Strawberries and rhubarb are in season now and boy do they make a great combination! Here’s an easy pie that will bring a smile on your faces! Here is what you need for this:
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
• Line a pie dish with 1 store bought pie shell.
• In a bowl mix together 3 cups chopped rhubarb, 1 pint sliced strawberries, 1 ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup minute tapioca and 1 tsp orange zest. Mix well.
• Fill the pie dish with your strawberry filling.
• Place 5 to 6 small pieces of unsalted butter on top of the filling.
• Cover the pie with a second store bought pie shell.
• Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an extra 45 minutes.
• Cool down and serve. Enjoy!