Stir-fries are a great way to make a satisfying, healthy meal without spending a lot of cash. They are also very quick to make. All you have to do is have your ingredients ready and you can get it together super quickly. Here is what you need for this:
1.5 pounds flank steak cut into strips
3 scallions – chopped
4 garlic cloves – minced
1 -1inch piece ginger – minced
½ red bell pepper – sliced
8 snow peas – julienned
3 medium carrots – cut into thin sticks
1 head baby broccoli – cut into thin slices
Pinch red chili pepper flakes
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup dry sherry
· Heat a large skillet or wok with 2 TBS peanut oil until very hot.
· Season the beef with black pepper. Cook the beef in the very hot pan. If the meat renders liquid,
get rid of it. Set cooked beef aside.
· Wipe skillet and add 1 TBS peanut oil. Heat until very hot.
· Add the chopped scallion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
· Add the bell peppers, snow peas, carrots and broccoli. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are
cooked but crisp – about 4 minutes.
· Return the beef to the pan. Mix well.
· Add the red chili pepper flakes. Mix well.
· Add the soy sauce and sherry – mix well and cook for another couple of minutes.
· Remove from heat and serve with rice.