This recipe for tres leches cake with cake mix is extremely easy to make. Once the cake is baked it will be soaked in the milks and refrigerated overnight. The following day you will have a moist and delicious cake.
Tres leches literally means three milks. We will use evaporated milk, sweet condensed milk and cream in this cake. Hence the name. This is a very, very wet cake. Once you add all the liquid you will think that you are overdoing it. No worries, the cake will absorb most of the liquid as it sits in the fridge overnight.
This video will show you how to make a simple yellow boxed cake into a delectable dessert! Make it anytime, in no time at all, and be prepared for a showering of compliments. Tres leches cake is an all time favorite.
Here is what you are going to need for this recipe for tres leches cake with cake mix:
1 boxed yellow cake – baked
1 can evaporated milk
1 can condensed milk
1 cup cream
1 cup whipping cream (for topping)
1 tsp. vanilla
• Cool down cake completely.
• Using a fork, poke holes all through the cake.
• Combine the milks in a bowl. Pour them on the cake until completely soaked through. Cover cake and refrigerate overnight.
• The next day, mix remaining cream with vanilla. Whip until cream starts to harden. Add confectioner’s sugar to taste and beat until stiff.
• Remove cake from fridge. Cut into serving pieces and top with whipped cream.