Beef fajitas are a great weekly meal but are also an inexpensive way to entertain. You can really stretch a piece of meat in dishes such as this. You will need some time to marinade the meat so make sure you plan ahead. I marinated these overnight but you will need to do so for at least 4 hours.
Here is what you need to do for this:
FOR THE MARINADE:
2 pounds flank steak
2 large limes – juiced
½ cup olive oil
1/3 cup cilantro – chopped
6 garlic cloves – chopped
1 chili pepper – seeded and chopped
1 TBS lime zest
1 TBS oregano
1 TBS coarse salt
1 TBS cumin
½ TBS pepper
• Rinse and pat dry meat. Cut meat into strips against the grain.
• Mix all of the ingredients – except for meat. Place meat in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over it. Close bag well and make sure meat is completely covered. Refrigerate overnight.
FOR THE FAJITAS:
2 medium white onions- cut into strips
2 medium bell peppers – cut into strips
• Heat a large skillet with some oil. Add the vegetables and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until softened but still crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
• Add more oil to the pan and heat. Add the meat and cook for about 7 minutes – until cooked through. Discard any excess rendered juice.
• Add the vegetables to the meat. Heat through and serve on tortillas. Enjoy!