Nothing like a warm, sweet, tart and delicious orange cranberry muffin in the morning – or anytime of the day! The sweetness of the muffin balances so absolutely well with the sour cranberries that you will have an explosion of sensations in your mouth. Here is what you are going to need to do for this:
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Prepare your muffin tins by lining them or spraying them lightly.
• In a bowl, sift together 3 cups flour with 1 TBS baking powder and 1 ½ tsp. salt
• Using a mixer, cream together 1/3 cup softened butter with 1 ½ cups granulated sugar. Make sure to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup buttermilk with 1/3 cup canola oil, 3 eggs and 1 TBS vanilla.
• Slowly incorporate the buttermilk mix to the creamed butter. Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl.
• Mix in the dry ingredients. Mix only until everything is incorporated. Stop!
• Fold in 2 TBS orange zest and 2 cups cranberries.
• Scoop batter filling 2/3 of the cup. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
• Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cake pin comes out clean.
Other Great Brunch Recipes:
Crispy Hash Browns
Caramelized Onions & Scrambled Egg Tacos
Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
Chili Cheese Corn Muffins
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Banana Blueberry Bread
Biscuits and Gravy