These apple muffins are always a hit! They are moist, loaded with flavor and keep beautifully. In fact, the older they get, the better they get. Serve these at your next brunch and you will have a happy bunch of people. They are also great as a snack, for lunch boxes or anytime of the day. Here is what you are going to need for these:
½ cup melted, unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cloves
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. allspice
1 ½ cups apple sauce
4 cups peeled, cored and chopped red apples
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices.
• In another bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
• Alternate the flour and apple sauce into the butter mixture.
• Mix in the apples. Do not over-beat.
• Butter a muffin pie very well.
• Scoop in the batter. Bake for about 20 minutes.
• Cool for a few minutes in the pan.
• Remove carefully and cool on wire rack.
Other Great Brunch Recipes:
Crispy Hash Browns
Caramelized Onions & Scrambled Egg Tacos
Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
Chili Cheese Corn Muffins
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Banana Blueberry Bread
Biscuits and Gravy