You can’t even imagine how easy these cookies are! They are also crisp and delicious! Their texture allows them to be used for ice cream sandwiches which are absolutely sinful! These would make a great gift from your kitchen. Here is what you are going to need for this:
1 ¼ cup flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
½ cup + 2 TBS butter – room temp
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and process for a couple minutes to mix well.
- Add the butter and the egg. Process until you have a uniform dough.
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Scoop out cookie dough and place 2 inches apart on the sheet. You can also spoon these if you do not have a cookie scoop. Wet your hands and gently flatten your cookie.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for about 9 minutes. Turn your baking sheet around half way through the baking process.
- Remove cookies from oven. They will be puffed up and soft, and will flatten when the air hits them. Don’t worry! This is how it is supposed to be. Allow cookies to cool down on sheet for a few minutes. Carefully place them on a cooling rack and cool down completely.
- Serve and enjoy!