If you like coconut you will love these chewy and delicious treats! They are super easy to make and yet delectable. I will be including them on my cookie platters this year. I hope you give them a try. You will love them! Here is what you need for these:
4 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup flour
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
3 ½ cups coconut
4 oz. chocolate
1 TBS butter
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until frothy. Add the sugar, flour and vanilla. Mix well. Add the coconut and mix in with a spatula.
• Drop spoonful’s of cookie onto a parchment lined baking sheet – 2 inches apart.
• Bake cookies for about 20 minutes or until edges start getting brown.
• Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler – stirring constantly. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave – a few seconds at a time – being very careful not to burn it. Mix well.
• Dunk half of the cookies into the melted chocolate.
• Place on a platter and refrigerate until chocolate is set.