This pork pie was a best seller at the deli in Christmas time in New Hampshire. It is very interesting because of the different spices it contains. These give the pie a very unique flavor. If you like pork, I hope you give this a try. Here is what you need for this:
1.5 pounds ground pork
4 scallions – chopped
½ red onion – minced
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
3 cups water
6 medium red potatoes
Salt & Pepper
2 – 9 inch pie crusts
• Peel and cook the potatoes. Mash them and set aside.
• Place the meat, scallion, onion, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large skillet. Add the water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
• Bring meat to a boil and simmer softly for about 1 to 2 hours – until all liquid has dried up. Remove from heat.
• Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Line a pie plate with dough. Fill it with pork filling.
• Cover pie with extra dough. Cut 4 slits in the middle of your pie.
• Bake pie in middle rack of oven for about 45 minutes.
• Remove from oven and serve.