Prime rib is always so elegant and such a treat for meat lovers. This video shows you how to marinade it and cook it to perfection. You will need time in advance to allow the roast to reach room temperature before cooking so make sure you plan for it. Here is what you need for this:
1- 5 to 6 pound boneless prime rib roast
2 large garlic cloves
2 TBS coarse salt
1 tsp. thyme
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS Dijon mustard
• Trim roast leaving the thick fat layer alone. Rinse it and pat dry it. Set it on a rack in a roasting pan.
• Mince the garlic and mash it with the salt to form a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
• Cover the roast with the rub and allow roast to sit – at room temperature – for at least 1 hour. It is very important that the meat reach room temperature so it cooks evenly.
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
• Place roast in oven and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce heat – without opening the oven door – to 375 degrees. Cook roast for another hour to hour and a half – until a thermometer reads 130 degrees for medium rare.
• Remove roast from oven and tent loosely with foil.
• Allow roast to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.