This recipe would appear to be expensive because of the chicken breast and shrimp. It really is not because you use a little bit of everything. It is a great way to make a fresh, healthy meal very quickly. Simple make sure that you have all of your ingredients in place before you start. Here is what you are going to need for this:
½ chicken breast cut into long slices
8 shrimp – peeled, deveined and halved
3 scallions – chopped (white, light green and dark green)
4 garlic cloves – minced
1 jalapeno – seeded and finely chopped
1 – 1 inch piece fresh ginger – minced
½ a bell pepper – sliced into long strips
1 large carrot – cut into long strips
1 small head of broccoli – sliced
8 snow peas – julienned
½ cup bean sprouts
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sherry
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or large skillet with 2 TBS peanut oil. Heat until very hot and almost smoky.
- Add the chicken and cook on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 TBS peanut oil to skillet and heat well. Add the scallions, garlic, ginger and jalapenos. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add the Carrots, bell pepper, broccoli and snow peas. Cook, stirring often, for about four minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a couple minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and mix well.
- Add the soy sauce and sherry. Mix well. Add the bean sprouts.
- Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.