This taco pizza recipe is made with seasoned ground beef and shredded Mexican blend cheese. We will use salsa instead of regular pizza sauce and we will garnish it with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and sour cream.
This taco pizza recipe is like a taco supreme on pizza dough. You can go ahead and make your own pizza dough at home but the truth is store bought is not expensive and it is very convenient. So, if you are in a hurry don’t hesitate to use it.
This is a fun meal to make and eat. It is not super heavy and it is quite satisfying.
This is what you are going to need for this delicious taco pizza recipe:
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
· Season 1 pound ground beef with salt & pepper. Brown and drain. Set aside.
· Wipe your skillet. Add a little olive oil. Add 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped and 3 minced garlic cloves. Add 1 medium tomato chopped. Return meat to the pan and mix well.
· Add 2 TBS taco seasoning and ½ cup water. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
· Line a lightly sprayed pizza pan with some pizza dough. Spoon some red tomato salsa on all of the dough. Top with the meat.
· Cover with shredded Mexican blend and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
· Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
· Slice pizza and garnish each slice with chopped iceberg, chopped tomato, diced olives, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeño (optional) and chopped cilantro.
· Serve and enjoy!