Pasta and Shrimp Recipes – Pasta, Shrimp & Alfredo Sauce
This is a really easy and delicious recipe! I added asparagus and mushrooms but feel free to substitute the veggies for other things like bell peppers, corn or broccoli! Here is what you are going to need for this:
12 oz. Angel hair pasta
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
¾ cup asparagus, sliced into 3 inch pieces
6 large mushrooms, sliced
½ cup white wine
3 large garlic cloves
3 scallions, white and light green parts chopped
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
1 cup cream
1 ½ shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
½ teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
1. Melt the 1/3 cup butter in a heavy pan. Add the milk and whisk well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until reduced by 1/3 cup.
2. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
3. Add the pepper, cayenne and parsley. Bring back to a simmer, constantly stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
FOR THE PASTA:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook per package instructions.
2. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan. Add some olive oil and mix well.
3. Add the scallions, garlic, asparagus and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the shrimp and wine. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink and is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the Alfredo sauce to the pan. Mix well until liquids blend. Add the pasta stir until pasta is coated with sauce. Serve.