This arroz con pollo recipe is pretty easy to make. It is loaded in flavor from the veggies and herbs. You can use Rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Arroz con pollo literally means rice with chicken. It is a rice dish made with chicken and veggies. We will cook the rice with some tomato sauce and chicken stock for the ultimate in flavor.
If you use cooked chicken for this simply add it to rice after it has cooked. You do not need to include it with the raw rice.
This is a very frugal, satisfying and delicious meal. You don’t need a large quantity of ingredients to feed a group of people.
Here is what you are going to need for this delicious and perfect arroz con pollo recipe:
4 chicken thighs, skinned and cubed
1 ¼ cup white rice, uncooked
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup mixed frozen veggies (peas, carrots, corn, cauliflower, broccoli)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup sliced bell peppers
1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
4 cups chicken stock
Salt & Pepper
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken. Generously season with salt & pepper.
2. Heat a pan with some olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the onions to the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
5. Bring pan to a boil, cover and lower the heat.
6. Simmer for 25 minutes and remove from heat.
7. Serve and enjoy!
CALORIES 307.66; FAT 8.54 grs (sat 1.73; mono 3.48; poly 1.90); PROTEIN 18.33 grs ; FIBER 2.97 grs; CARBS 44.35 grs; CHOLESTEROL 48.60 mg; IRON 2.34 mg; SODIUM 714.17 mg; CALCIUM 44.97 mg