This chicken noodle soup recipe is satisfying and super flavorful. It is loaded with pieces of chicken, veggies and noodles. It is also quite easy to make.
We are going to use skinless chicken thighs for this chicken noodle soup recipe. Although you can purchase them without the skin it is cheaper to buy them with it and simply pull it off. This is a very simple process.
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate in comfort food. It is great when it is cold outside and when you are feeling under the weather. I read somewhere that it actually acts like a natural antibiotic when you have the flu. I have no idea if this is true but I do know that whenever I have a cold a nice hot bowl of chicken noodle soup makes all the difference in the world.
Here is what you are going to need for this delicious chicken noodle soup recipe:
6 chicken thighs
1 medium yellow onion
2 stalks celery
1 large carrot
2 large garlic cloves
5 sprigs thyme
2 celery stalks with leaves
5 sprigs parsley
2 small Russet potatoes
½ cup frozen peas
¾ cup pasta (vermicelli, angel hair, linguini, etc.)
8 cups water
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Skin the thighs.
- Chop the onion into eights.
- Chop the celery into 1-inch chunks.
- Peel and chop the carrot into 1-inch chunks.
- Mince the garlic.
- Tie the thyme, parsley and celery leaves into a bundle with kitchen twine.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Thaw the peas.
- Coat the bottom of a pan with olive oil. Add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and nestle the thyme bouquet in the middle.
- Add the water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Remove the foam. Continue boiling for 30 minutes.
- Remove the excess fat from the sides of the pot.
- Remove and discard the herbs and the most of the onion chunks.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and pasta. Cook for an extra 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
CALORIES 258.95; FAT 14.62 grs (sat 4.08; mono 6.10; poly 3.29); PROTEIN 18.36 grs ; FIBER 2.15 grs; CARBS 13.04 grs; CHOLESTEROL 79.50 mg; IRON 1.76 mg; SODIUM 849.26 mg; CALCIUM 35.04 mg