This recipe is a take on Satay beef. I marinated the meat in a mixture with Hoisin sauce and then served it with some Thai peanut sauce. You need to plan ahead as the meat needs to marinade for at least 6 hours. Here is what you need for this:
2 pounds flank steak – cut into 3 inch thin strips
• Place the meat in a bowl.
FOR THE MARINADE:
½ cup soy sauce
1 TBS minced ginger
1 TBS minced garlic
2 TBS Hoisin sauce
2 TBS cornstarch
2 TBS sugar
½ tsp. chili sesame oil
• Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the meat.
• Cover the meat container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE:
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 TBS lime juice
1 tsp. chili sesame oil
3 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Thai fish sauce1 tsp. brown sugar
1 garlic clove – minced
1 tsp. ginger minced
1 TBS chopped cilantro
1 TBS chopped peanuts
• Mix all ingredients, except cilantro and peanuts, in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the cilantro and peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
• Soak some wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
• Heat a griddle or grill. Oil it. Remove the meat from the marinade and thread onto the skewers.
• Place the skewers on your pan and cook for a few minutes, until browned. Flip. Cook for another few minutes.
• Serve with the peanut sauce. Enjoy