This grilled pork chop marinade is made with orange juice, beer, orange zest and spices. It will render you an exquisitely tasty and juicy piece of meat. The meat will be marinated for a minimum of two hours and up to twenty four. The longer the better.
It is important that the meat be brought back to room temperature before you cook it. This will assure that it cooks evenly.
You have to be careful not to overcook pork chops as they will turn dry and be ruined. We will sear these so the juices get sealed into the meat and then finish cooking them on lower heat.
Here is what you are going to need for this grilled pork chop marinde:
· Rinse and pat dry 4 thick, boneless pork chops.
· In a bowl mix together 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup beer, 1 TBS orange zest, 1 tsp coarse salt, 1
tsp black pepper, 1 tsp ground cumin, 4 quartered garlic cloves, 1 small (or ½ large) sliced red
onion, 1 jalapeno and ½ a bunch of cilantro.
· Place the chops in a sealable freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the pork. Move the marinade
around so as to cover all the meat. Seal and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 24
· Heat your grill on high.
· Remove the pork chops from the marinade and sit at room temp for 10 to 15 minutes. Discard
the marinade. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides.
· Place the pork chops on the grill and sear. Flip and sear the other side.
· Reduce the heat and cook the chops at low temperature until cooked through – about 20
· Serve with your favorite side. Enjoy!