In this recipe I marinated the chicken in a citrus marinade for 24 hours. The marinade keeps the chicken breast extremely moist and tasty. This is a very low fat meal as I use chicken breast and a very little amount if oil to saute the vegetables.
Here is what you will need to do for this:
· Rinse and pat dry 1 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast.
· Using a sharp knife butterfly the breasts through the middle. Cut the chicken into thin (1/2 inch slices). Set aside.
· In a bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil with 1 juiced lemon, 2 chopped scallions, 1 chopped jalapeño, 3 chopped garlic cloves, ½ a bunch of cilantro and 1 TBS salt.
· Place the chicken strips in a bag you can seal. Add the marinade and mix well. Remove all the air, seal the bag and marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
· Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap 8 corn tortillas in aluminum foil and warm for 10 to 15 minutes while you are prepping the fajitas.
· Heat a sauté pan with some olive oil. Add ½ large yellow onion sliced and 1 large bell pepper cut into long strips. Season with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until veggies are cooked but remain crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
· Add some more olive oil to your pan and heat. Remove chicken from bag and cook until lightly browned. Season with salt & pepper. If necessary discard any renders liquid so meat does not boil. Return the cooked veggies to the pan. Add a small diced tomato. Mix well.
· Place 2 tortillas on top of each other. Spoon in chicken and veggies and fold. Garnish with a doll-up of sour cream & chopped cilantro.
· Serve and enjoy!