This marinade is absolutely delicious! Your chicken will taste fantastic! You will need to marinade it for at least 4 hours so plan ahead. Here is what you are going to need for this:
2 small chickens – cut into 8 pieces
2 shallots – chopped OR 1 small white onion OR 2 scallions
1 TBS grated fresh ginger
6 garlic cloves – minced
1 chili pepper – membrane and seeds removed – chopped
½ cup oil
1 cup soy sauce
1 large orange – juiced
1 large lime or lemon – juiced
½ TBS lime or lemon zest
- Mix the shallots, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice and zest in a bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken and toss to mix well. You want all the chicken to get coated. Cover your bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Heat your grill on high. If using a gas grill, turn half of the burners off. If using a charcoal grill, go ahead and pile the hot coals on one side of the grill – use a metal tool for this.
- Place the chicken on the lit side of the grill and sear until you have some healthy grill marks. Flip the chicken and sear the other side.
- Move the chicken to the unlit side and cook, in indirect heat, for45 to 60 minutes. Make sure chicken is completely cooked through before serving.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!