Try creamy polenta instead of mashed potatoes. You will love the new addition to your meal. This goes great with braised meats or stews. You can also use it to make polenta sausage casserole! Here is what you are going to need for this:
4 cups whole milk
2 cups chicken stock
1¾ cups coarse cornmeal or Polenta
Little bit of pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
3 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- Place the milk and chicken stock into a pot. Whisk in the cornmeal. Add the pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Watch out for bubbling, hot polenta. It will Pop out of the pan and could burn you.
- Cook the polenta for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Stir vigorously for about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks. Add about ½ cup of polenta into the eggs to temper them. Whisk well.
- Add the tempered eggs to the polenta and mix well. Serve and enjoy!