We are going to make a memorable casserole with sausages and peppers for this polenta recipe. Absolute perfection.
Polenta is traditionally made from semolina but can also be made from cornmeal. It is an Italian dish that goes beautifully as a side for saucy meals or as a topping for this fantastic casserole.
In this polenta recipe we will make a delectable filling on top of which we will spoon creamy polenta. The final result will be unbelievable. You will not be able to get enough of this wonderful meal.
Here is what you are going to need for this polenta recipe:
1 recipe creamy polenta or 6 cups instant polenta
6 sausages – casings removed
2 medium white onions – chopped large dice
2 bell peppers – chopped large dice
3 garlic cloves – minced
1 ½ TBS dried oregano and basil – combined
1 – 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Place sausage in a skillet and cook. Set aside.
• Add a little olive oil to the pan. Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Cook for about 4 minutes until veggies are softened. Add the oregano and basil. Mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
• Return the sausage to the pan.
• Add the tomatoes and mix well. Season with pepper.
• Cook for about 10 minutes.
• Place sausage and peppers in an oven dish – a 9×13 inch Pyrex will do.
• Spoon polenta on the sausage and spread.
• Sprinkle with cheese and a little paprika for color.
• Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.