Baking drumsticks and thighs is really pretty simple and quick. You will have a delicious meal on the table without fussing too much over it. These drumsticks are coated with a sauce made from honey and apple juice. They are then flipped during half time, and basted a couple of times before they are done. Here is what you need for these:
1 TBS honey
¼ cup apple juice
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 TBS ketchup
1 TBS yellow mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the pre-washed chicken drumsticks in an oven proof dish.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, in a bowl until you have a smooth sauce.
- Brush the drumsticks generously with the honey sauce. Flip them and brush the other side as well.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the chicken and brush it again. Cook for another 15 minutes and brush again. Allow chicken to cook for a total of 40 to 50 minutes – until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees or when cut there is no pink next to the bone. Every oven is different so adjust your times accordingly.
- Remove chicken from the oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.