This banana blueberry bread is easy, moist and delicious. It is made with oil and buttermilk. We will add plump, sweet blueberries to the batter for a fantastic final result. Perfection in every bite.
Banana bread is great for brunches, school lunches, tea parties or snacking anytime! They are also a great way for you to use those over-ripe bananas that no one will eat. In fact, the riper the banana the better and sweeter your bread will be. If you have these bananas and do not have time to make your bread, go ahead and freeze them for future use.
Here is what you are going to need for this wonderfully moist bread:
3 very ripe bananas – mashed
¾ cups buttermilk or plain milk
3 TBS oil
¾ cup sugar
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 ½ cups flour
½ cup blueberries
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bread loaf pan by buttering and flouring it.
• Mix the bananas, eggs, buttermilk, oil and sugar in a bowl. Whisk well.
• Add the dry ingredients and whisk for about a minute. Fold in the blueberries.
• Place the batter into the pan and sprinkle with some brown sugar.
• Bake for about 60 minutes – until a cake pin comes out clean.
• Remove from oven and cool down in the pan for about 15 minutes. Turn the bread loaf over on to a clean surface and finish cooling completely. You can also place the bread on a cooling rack.
• Serve as is or with butter. This is also excellent with cream cheese as a sandwich. Enjoy!