This paella is loaded with chicken, sausage, clams and shrimp. Go ahead and add pork, mussels and lobster claws to it if you would like! This is a great dish for special occasions! Make sure you serve it with lemon wedges on the side! This is what you need to do for this delicious recipe:
· Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
· Heat some olive oil in a pan.
· Cut 2 chicken breasts into large cubes. Season with 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. Rosemary, ½
tsp. thyme, ½ tsp. pepper and ½ tsp. cumin.
· Add to the heated pan and brown evenly on all sides. Set aside. Wipe the pan and add more
· Add 1 large chopped yellow onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add 3
minced garlic cloves, 1 large chopped tomato and ½ a green, ½ a red and ½ a yellow bell pepper.
Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes, until all veggies are soft. Remove into the bowl with
· Wipe the pan and add more olive oil. Add 3 cups of Arborio rice and sauté, moving constantly,
until rice is translucent and has a white dot in the middle, about 8 minutes.
· Return the chicken and onions to the pan. Mix well.
· Add 6 cups chicken broth and ¼ tsp. saffron. Mix well.
· Dice a large Linguica or Spanish or Italian cooked sausage. Add to the rice.
· Arrange 12 clams and 1 lb. of shrimp on top of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
· Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
· Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!