When you bite into these carrot cake cupcakes it is very hard to believe something so exceptional can be made so easily. Once you have all your ingredients ready you can whip these up in no time. What I love about cupcakes is the ease of serving them. No dirty dishes left over to contend with.
I like leaving these sans raisins and nuts but feel free to add them if you would like. If you are using fresh carrots — you know firm and tender ones and not flimsy, slimy ones that have been growing a beard in your fridge — your carrot cake cupcakes will be perfectly moist and sweet. Frost them with cream cheese frosting and you are ready to enter any tasting contest with absolute confidence that you will come out with shining colors.
You can make these carrot cake cupcakes anytime during the year. These particular ones are decorated with candy corn for a Fall motif. I made them for Halloween and they were categorically enticing and lip-smacking. Serve them at Thanksgiving and finish your celebration meal with a bang.
Here is what you are going to need to make these moist and ultra delicious carrot cake cupcakes:
Makes about 23 cupcakes
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda|
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups grated carrots
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Prep your muffin pans with liners.
• In a large bowl, mix together you dry ingredients. Whisk them well.
• In another bowl whisk the oil, eggs and vanilla.
• Mix well. Make sure you have no clumps of flour in your bowl. Fold in the carrots.
• Fill your molds ¾ way with batter.
• Bake your cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a cake pin comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
• Cool down completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.
1 cupcake w/ frosting – CALORIES 274.92; FAT 16.56 grs (sat 5.22; mono 6.53; poly 3.70); PROTEIN 2.69 grs ; FIBER 0.75 grs; CARBS 34.26 grs; CHOLESTEROL 48.51 mg; IRON 0.77 mg; SODIUM 211.05 mg; CALCIUM 313.84 mg
Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes enough for 40 cupcakes
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ to 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
• Place cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Beat until creamed well.
• Add the sugar to taste and mix well. Frost your cupcakes and store any remaining frosting in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*You can also make half of this recipe if you prefer.
VEA ESTE VIDEO EN ESPAÑOL: