This apple cake recipe couldn’t be easier to make. It is also moist and very flavorful. Frost it with cream cheese frosting and you will have a winner every time.
This apple cake was one of the favorite desserts at our deli n New Hampshire. Once you try it you will understand why. It is addictive. If you can resist, this cake gets better a couple of days after it has been baked. It is absolutely delicious.
I have two different kinds of cream cheese frosting on this page. One has butter and one does not. They are both delicious and will go beautifully with this cake. However, you can also enjoy this without any frosting on it if you prefer. The frosting adds a lot but the cake itself is wonderful.
This is what you need for this delectable apple cake recipe:
2 eggs, separated
2 cups sugar
¼ cup milk
½ cup + 2 TBS vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 cups peeled, chopped red apples
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Prep a cake pan by buttering well.
• Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
• In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla.
• In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
• Combine the dry and wet ingredients well. Add the apples and mix well.
• Fold in the egg whites. Pour batter into cake pan and place in oven.
• Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a cake pick comes out clean.
• Cool cake completely and frost with your cream cheese frosting of choice.
VEA ESTE VIDEO EN ESPAÑOL: