This buffalo wings recipe is extremely tasty as we will first brine the wings, then rub them in spices and deep fry them. The final result will be a tender inside, crunchy outside exquisite wing.
I serve these with my homemade blue cheese dressing but you can certainly use store bought.
Here is what you are going to need for this terrific buffalo wings recipe:
2 pounds chicken wings
1 – 12 oz. bottle beer
1 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS coarse salt
½ TBS paprika
½ TBS garlic powder
½ TBS onion powder
½ tsp. black pepper
4 TBS butter
¼ cup red hot sauce
Oil for frying
• Cut the end tips of the wings and save them for chicken stock. Separate the drumette from the flat part of the wing. Rinse and place in a bowl.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the beer, salt and brown sugar. Pour over the wings and brine for about 30 minutes.
• Mix the paprika, garlic power, onion powder and black pepper.
• Drain the wings and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
• Add the paprika mix and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
• Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the hot sauce. Bring to a simmer, turn off heat and set aside.
• Heat a large skillet with about 3 inches of oil. Heat until 375 degrees. Add the chicken drumettes and fry until browned and cooked through – about 13 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Fry the rest of the chicken.
• Heat the butter sauce. Place the wings into a bowl. Add the sauce and toss to coat well.
• Serve immediately with celery and blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!