These beef fajitas are made with marinated flank steak. The meat is tender and flavorful and is served in a tortilla with onions and peppers. The ultimate meal.
Please not that you will need some time to marinade the meat so make sure you plan ahead. I marinated these overnight but you will need to do so for at least 4 hours. This will ensure that your beef is tender and packed with flavor. We will be using flank steak that tends to be tough so the marinating is important.
You can serve your fajitas with Mexican rice and refried beans for a whole Mexican experience. These are truly a masterpiece.
Here is what you need to do for these delectable beef fajitas:
FOR THE MARINADE:
2 pounds flank steak
2 large limes – juiced
½ cup olive oil
1/3 cup cilantro – chopped
6 garlic cloves – chopped
1 chili pepper – seeded and chopped
1 TBS lime zest
1 TBS oregano
1 TBS coarse salt
1 TBS cumin
½ TBS pepper
• Rinse and pat dry meat. Cut meat into strips against the grain.
• Mix all of the ingredients – except for meat. Place meat in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over it. Close bag well and make sure meat is completely covered. Refrigerate overnight.
FOR THE FAJITAS:
2 medium white onions- cut into strips
2 medium bell peppers – cut into strips
• Heat a large skillet with some oil. Add the vegetables and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until softened but still crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
• Add more oil to the pan and heat. Add the meat and cook for about 7 minutes – until cooked through. Discard any excess rendered juice.
• Add the vegetables to the meat. Heat through and serve on tortillas. Enjoy!