This Cobb burger recipe is made with a juicy patty, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocados and blue cheese dressing. It is absolute perfection.
You can make your patties from beef, chicken or turkey for this recipe. You decide what you like best. These patties are pan fried but they can be grilled if you want. Just make sure you do not over handle the meat when making your patties. You want the fat in the meat to remain as intact as you can leave it for a juicier result.
You can also make your own blue cheese dressing or buy it at the store. Whichever will be great and complete this wonderful sandwich.
This is what you need to do for this delicious Cobb burger recipe:
1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
Salt & Pepper
4 to 6 slices bacon or Pancetta
4 tomato slices
4 red onion rings
4 lettuce leaves
8 avocado slices
Blue cheese dressing
4 hamburger buns
• Season ground beef with salt and pepper. Form 4 even patties without over handling the beef.
• Heat a large griddle or skillet and cook the bacon. Set crispy bacon aside.
• Lightly butter hamburger rolls and place on griddle. Grill for a few minutes until uniformly browned. Remove from griddle/skillet and set aside.
• Place patty on skillet and cook for about 4 minutes – until brown crust forms at bottom. Flip and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until patty is cooked through.
• Smear blue cheese on both grilled buns. Place hamburger on bottom slice. Top with bacon, tomato, onion ring, avocado and lettuce. Cover with top grilled slice of bread and enjoy!