Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe. I personally love these but they can get expensive if you are buying them all the time. The thing is, they are super easy to make at home! Especially in an Instant Pot. I have made these in the microwave — nuked them for 1 minute and voila! Perfect eggs. So that is an option for you as well.
These egg bites are low in carbs and also Keto.
The beauty of these is that you can fill them with endless possibilities. You can make them vegetarian or you can add meats like bacon, chorizo, sausage, ham or Canadian ham. As for the vegetables you can use tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, scallions and/or chili peppers. You can also add sun dried tomatoes, olives, capers and pimentos. Don’t be shy with fresh herbs either! Basil, thyme and oregano would go beautifully in any of these.
The Instant Pot is a time saver and it really does deliver great product. If you don’t own one I highly recommend that you do. You can cook a huge variety of food in it in a very short time.
I make these in 4 oz. Mason jars instead of silicon molds. You can use both.
Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe Instant Pot
Splash of water
1/4th cup of cream, sour cream or milk
1/4th cup of cheese of choice (Monterrey Jack, Colby, American, Cheddar, Parmesan)
Salt & Pepper
Fillings of choice – spinach. scallions. pimentos, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, ham, bacon, sausage, chorizo, green chillies, etc.
4 – 4 oz. Mason jars without the lids
1. Lightly oil your jars. Place your fillings of choice into the main jars.
2. Add the eggs, splash of water, cream, cheese and black pepper into the blender. If the cheese you are using is salty, omit the salt. If it is not, add some salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour the eggs into the jars, dividing evenly.
4. Cover each jar with a piece of aluminum foil.
5. Place the trivet inside the Instan Pot and add 1 cup water.
6.Carefully place the mason jars inside.
7. Cover and lock the lid. Set the valve to sealing position.
8. Turn on to pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
9. Release the steam by pushing the button next to the valve. Please use caution as sometimes a lot of steam comes out.
10. Once all the steam is released, open the pot.
11. Carefully remove the Mason jars onto a cutting board. Use an oven mitt.
12. Remove the aluminum foil and flip the mason jars over onto a plate. They will be hot so work with caution.
13. The egg bites should fall off easily onto the plate.
14. Enjoy them! You can refrigerate these in a closed container for up to 5 days. Warm them up in the microwave for 10 seconds. You can also freeze them but the consistency will change.