This dessert seems to be a failed upside down. The pineapple caramelizes and sticks to the pan so when you invert it the cake crumbles. No worries! You will spoon it into ramekins and serve it with ice cream. Your pineapple will be caramelized, chewy and delicious! Here is what you need for this:
6 large fresh pineapple slices – cut into 2 inch pieces
Butter & Brown sugar
1 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1/3 cup melted butter
2/3 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pineapple chunks into an oven proof dish. Top with butter and brown sugar. Place in oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Add egg, butter, milk and vanilla. Whisk for about 2 minutes until well incorporated.
- Remove pineapple from oven and flip. Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Sprinkle more brown sugar on pineapple.
- Spoon the batter on top and spread out. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully separate the cake from the edges with a sharp knife. Flip pan onto a baking sheet. Let cake fall on to sheet for about 30 minutes.
- Spoon dessert into ramekins. Serve with vanilla ice cream.