This paella recipe is loaded with chicken, sausage, clams and shrimp. Go ahead and add pork, mussels and lobster claws to it if you would like!
Paella is a Spanish dish and it comes in many forms. This particular one is a combination of seafood, meats, vegetables and rice. Rice is the basic ingredient in paella.
I find that you need to use a short grain rice for this recipe. I use Arborio which is the same rice that is used for risotto. If you can not find it you should at least use a medium grain.
An important ingredient in paella is saffron. Saffron is very expensive but you need only a little bit. Fortunately, it comes in very small packets.
Many people finish the paella on the stove. I find that finishing it on the stove allows it to cook more evenly.
Make sure to serve this meal with sliced lemons so people can add some to it if they like.
This is what you need to do for this delicious and satisfying paella recipe:
· Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
· Heat some olive oil in a pan.
· Cut 2 chicken breasts into large cubes. Season with 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. Rosemary, ½
tsp. thyme, ½ tsp. pepper and ½ tsp. cumin.
· Add to the heated pan and brown evenly on all sides. Set aside. Wipe the pan and add more
· Add 1 large chopped yellow onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add 3
minced garlic cloves, 1 large chopped tomato and ½ a green, ½ a red and ½ a yellow bell pepper.
Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes, until all veggies are soft. Remove into the bowl with
· Wipe the pan and add more olive oil. Add 3 cups of Arborio rice and sauté, moving constantly,
until rice is translucent and has a white dot in the middle, about 8 minutes.
· Return the chicken and onions to the pan. Mix well.
· Add 6 cups chicken broth and ¼ tsp. saffron. Mix well.
· Dice a large Linguica or Spanish or Italian cooked sausage. Add to the rice.
· Arrange 12 clams and 1 lb. of shrimp on top of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
· Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
· Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!