My friend Carmen-Daisy taught me this. The sweet potato is roasted in the oven and then served along side a delicious basil ailoli. Aioli is a homemade mayonnaise with garlic. In this recipe I went ahead and used store bought mayonnaise to speed up the process. I can promise you this will be a hit at your table! Here is what you will need for these:
For the potatoes:
Sweet Potatoes – peeled and cut into long strips
Salt & Black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Place the sweet potatoes in an roasting pan – on a single level
• Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper
• Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
For the sauce:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup packed basil leaves
!/2 a lemon – juiced
• Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
• Process until you have a smooth sauce.
• Serve with the sweet potatoes.